Cannes films' world tour continues with the Buenos Aires Cannes Film Week from December 2 to 8 2019! The "Semana de Cine" has been held by the Festival de Cannes and the INCAA to coincide with Ventana Sur, the primary Latin American film market, for 11 years.
The 2019 Palme d’or and six feature films from the Official Selection of the 72nd edition will be screened in Argentina:
- PARASITE (Gisaengchung) by Bong Joon Ho - Palme d'or
- LES MISÉRABLES by Ladj Ly - Jury Prize (ex-aequo)
- BACURAU by Kleber Mendonça Filho and Juliano Dornelles - Jury Prize (ex-aequo)
- MATTHIAS AND MAXIME by Xavier Dolan – In Competition
- A HIIDEN LIFE by Terrence Malick – In Competition
- ON A MAGICAL NIGHT (Chambre 212) by Christophe Honoré – Un Certain Regard Best Actress Award for Chiara Mastroianni
- LUX AETERNA by Gaspar Noé – Out of Competition
The Italian-Argentinian director and friend of the Festival de Cannes, Gaspar Noé, will give a film masterclass on Thursday, December 5 hosted by the Argentinian director Lisandro Alonso. The session will be followed by the screening of his film LUX AETERNA with Charlotte Gainsbourg and Béatrice Dalle, which was shown Out of Competition at Cannes in 2019.